Welcome to the Early Years Foundation Stage at Muschamp
- During their time in the EYFS at Muschamp we want children to develop lifelong skills so that they are happy, confident and with a positive attitude towards learning.
- We want them to develop social skills so that they can play and learn co-operatively.
- We want them to develop listening and communication skills so that they can learn and develop relationships.
- We want them to develop the necessary physical skills needed to control their gross and fine motor movements so that they can move confidently and write effectively.
- We want them to recognise themselves as a unique child and begin to understand their place in the world and the responsibilities they have to look after their environment.
- We want them to know how to keep themselves safe and what they can do if they don’t feel safe.
Our key skills for children are
- Self regulation
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and writing
Our key dispositions and attitudes are
- Self assured
WE BELIEVE OUR CHILDREN LEARN BEST WHEN THEY FEEL SAFE, SECURE AND VALUED. WE VALUE EACH CHILD’S BACKGROUND AND PRIOR EXPERIENCES. WE PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES EACH DAY FOR THEM TO EXPLORE FREELY, USE THE ENVIRONMENT INDEPENDENTLY AND FOLLOW THEIR OWN INTERESTS. WE PROVIDE A CURRICULUM THAT TAKES INTO ACCOUNT THEIR EXPERIENCES BUT ALSO THINGS THAT ARE BEYOND THEIR EXPERIENCE TO FURTHER THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD AROUND THEM.