Diversity at Muschamp
Muschamp is a place to celebrate difference and we thrive on the ongoing diverse community we continue to build upon. Children at Muschamp are supported through a thorough PSHE curriculum and a school community that champions each individual.
Muschampions believe that together we learn, enjoy and achieve.
At Muschamp we;
- aim to provide stimulating challenges in an atmosphere where pupils experience success and enjoyment.
- through an established PSHE curriculum; support individual learning and wider opportunities to explore their world around them
- aim to provide a happy, caring and supporting environment through understanding and responding to life opportunities.
- aim to create a sense of belonging for all through consistent approaches to learning and self-discipline, recognising effort and achievement and celebrating success in our school community.
As a school we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010.
The general duties are to:
· eliminate discrimination,
· advance equality of opportunity
· foster good relations
We understand the basis of the Act and the work needed to ensure that those with protected characteristics are not discriminated against and are given equal opportunities to flourish and succeed.
Our work has been recognised and rewarded through achieving the Stonewall School Champion Silver Award. We celebrate diversity throughout each school year in our classrooms through general day to day learning opportunities and through our annually themed ‘Diversity Week’ and ‘Anti-bullying week’ celebrations.